Skip to main content

Arsenal, Tears and Happiness!

26.

We meet again my loves, how ya diddling? I'm good, I have two weeks off work now :D nothing major is planned...oh wait HARRY POTTER STUDIOS and bonfire night, I love bonfire night, the magic of the fireworks and sparklers is just so beautiful. I will definitely try and get some pictures of the fireworks and sparklers of the bonfire I'm planning on going too. 

Is it just in the UK we celebrate bonfire night? 

I'm currently listening Marmozets - Captivate You, I've heard this band quite a lot on Kerrang radio and just love this song, it gets me bouncing around in my seat. I downloaded their album and it's pretty belting I have to say! It was on repeat everyday this past week on the bus, a definite boost before work. 

I don't know if I told you guys that my Dads best friend, Steve, contacted Arsenal (my Dad is obsessed) and explained his situation and how much he loves the team and always has done, and they wrote him back to say they would send Dad a signed photo from the team and a letter from Arsene Wenger HOW AMAZING!! Well on Friday Dad rang me in tears saying he has a letter from Arsene Wenger and I can not express enough how much it filled me with happiness and joy. Unfortunately because of the dementia Dad seems to struggle reading now (yet another kick in the balls to someone extremely ill) so he told me I could read it today (Sunday) by the way there's no doubt in my mind that it got read to him before today. I have been uber excited since knowing he was getting this letter and even more so once I knew he had it.



The white is where his address was

As you can tell from this picture, he was overwhelmed with emotion. I read the letter out loud, and bless him he cried. I had to take a photo of him holding them both because it is just amazing what they did, it's amazing of Steve to do such an amazing thing like this for Dad. He honestly is a true and genuine friend of Dads and has become a friend of mine now too. Thank you so much Steve a.k.a Bucko!!


The letter featuring Robs hand :)

It's great how they do things like this for their fans! I would automatically think they would have piles of letters for things like this which sits and gets ignored but it's fantastic that they don't get ignored! It's a tiny gesture that has made my Dad so unbelievably happy during such a horrible time.

Thank you Arsenal!!

It's becoming more apparent to me that things are getting worse, muscles are get much weaker and sentences are becoming more difficult to understand. It's heartbreaking. As he sat watching the darts today I just watched him as he looked so tired, so small compared to how he was as I was growing up. He was a big guy, tall with a belly and now when I hug him I can feel all his bones. That wasn't him, he used to be quiet and he just kept himself to himself, I never really knew a whole lot about him but I now know so much about him, that's from him just telling us things and having his friends tell us what he used to get up to when they were younger. I was pretty shocked to hear he went to an AC/DC gig!! Anyway, it's more heartbreaking to me that he is aware things are getting worse and there's no way to stop that. I think that's why recently he has been very emotional BUT a hug and laughter always fixes things :)



He has so many people who know him, so many people care about him, it's amazing to see.

Time is a precious thing for us humans to have, most of the time we take advantage of it, I know I do. 

Much love
Beth xx

p.s to leave a comment select the name/url option in the drop down menu, once you have clicked on 'no comments' 



Comments

  1. Once again a lovely blog beth ..to make my best mate happy seem a small thing .if I could make him better would be great .but unfortunately thats not going to happen ..always here for you ronnie ..steve .aka buckco..and for my new friend beth xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Mum has recently been diagnosed with MND so I am living this nightmare with you dear Beth. I have cried tears of despair but also tears of pure joy to know I am loved by my very special Mum, my wonderful Dad and 3 of the best brother's I could ever wish to have. We have always been a close family but MND has shown us all how strong and how lucky we are to be Loved by each other.
    Bless 'buckco' for his friendship and kindness to your Dad and bless you Beth for sharing your life with us. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be thinking of you during this difficult time! I hope you are all holding up strong. It's fantastic that you are all there for each other. I hope your mum is doing okay. I'm here anytime you need to vent :) keep strong xxx

      Delete
    2. Thanks chicken :) right back at you! Xx

      Delete
    3. Thank you :) what is your name? Xx

      Delete
    4. My name is Jayne, pleased to meet you! :) x

      Delete
  3. this was wonderful Beth and quite sad i do love reading them i have to find a way to save them and print them they are a just so special so from across the pond love you and so love your Dad my cousin xxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I guess you could print them :) they may come in handy one day for something haha much love xxxx

      Delete
  4. this is great I follow you as I used to come and help your mum when she was ill a long time ago me and my husband know your dad and it is awful to see a great guy go through this horrible time our love to you all we are thinking of you xxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow hello, what is your name? Thank you for the support xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

This may upset you...

50. Hello my loves. WOW we've made it to the fiftieth blog post, if you're reading this one and you've read all of the ones before, thank you for sticking with me and my public diary entries. If you are new to my posts then Hello and welcome to my life, my little world of, well, I'm not to sure...this. I'm listening and watching Sia - Elastic Heart, I absolutely love this song and I love the video! It's so incredibly powerful , I watch it without knowing what it is that is keeping me so drawn to it (maybe Shia's body...) but seriously please go and watch it, don't read the comments of the video if it's the first time you're watching it and let me know what you believe it is portraying. I won't tell you what I believe because I don't want my view to alter what you may initially feel.      I feel like it might be a good time to update you guys on my Dad. By the way, everything I write is solely my feelings and from my point of vie

In difficulty there is strength and laughter

53. Hello my loves... This may seem like a very strange time, some may think I shouldn't write at all right now but as I'm just sat here, waiting, I feel I should (plus I've been given permission from my sister Kellie and Rob) On Wednesday 4th February, which seems like a lifetime ago, I got a phone call to say things with Dad had took a turn and we all needed to get to the home as time was looking short. I can't explain the fear that was going through me. The panic was so strong I was physically shaking until i got to the home to see him.  I had no idea what to expect, what had happened or what was going to happen, I just had to go with it. I guess we all do when faced with these extremes.  I have to admit I was pretty shocked to see that once the sedation had worn off he was back to his smiley self, even dancing along to the music.  But we knew it was serious when they said he was now completely nill by mouth, no food, no liquid.  An influx of fa

Our story with MND so far..

6.  These are my feelings and my thoughts, no one else's, just mine. In June 2013 my Dad was dealt the card of Motor Neurone Disease, a horrible disease. MND attacks the central nervous system and causes muscles to weaken and waste away. People with MND have to struggle everyday with activities that wouldn't have affected them before. It can be different with each person but sadly the outcome is always the same, there are no survivors, only true fighters! There is no cure... In some cases of MND the person can also have Frontotemporal Dementia. A less common form of dementia but nevertheless devastating. My Dad also has this... I first realised that something wasn't quite right around January 2013, my dad and I were sat in a cafe and he couldn't open a folded lottery ticket my exact words to him were "can't you use for hands or something" his reply was "no, my hand has got really weak" I asked him to make a fist with his right han