Skip to main content

Rap music, Hagrid hair and Dementia chat!

28.

Well hello there you lovely lot! It's Wednesday and I feel like writing a blog, so why the heck not! I do honestly try not to bombard you all with frequent blogs but sometimes I just want to update you all on stuff. Do you mind? No? Okay good :D

I'm currently listening to Macklemore and Ryan Lewis - The Heist album, I'm mixing it up kids, if I listen to this in public, like on the bus, I have to really restrain myself from flapping my arms around in the air and miming badly to the words. I ain't no rapper (secretly wish I was) 

So I'm now on my two weeks holiday and so far I've done nothing! All the cool stuff is happening next week, gah so unfair! BUT I have FINISHED MY COURSE WOOO *pats on the back* hopefully I won't have to re do any of it, because I really cannae be bothered with that. I do like to learn but I have no motivation or patience to read stuff, does anyone else get that? 

Just so you know I'm having major gaps while writing this purely to act as though I'm rapping and shoulder dancing.



This blanket is THE most cosiest thing in the world! As I was working on my booklet I was freezing (I'm always cold) but that kept me warm :D I absolutely love blankets! I don't think 24 is too old to own one do you? 

I want to go off topic for a moment...okay there is no real topic to this blog, I just wanted to chat however I told my mum the other day that I don't brush my hair...she thought it was grubby and I know you are judging me right now but please let me explain, I have huge hair! it's like an afro without the curls, it's Hagrid hair!! And it's just so difficult to maintain on a daily basis! 

SEE!!!

I desperately want to grow it uber long but in the mean time, what the heck do I do with this? If you're a hairdresser and have suggestions PLEASE send them my way. 

You don't have to read this next part as you may find it boring or be bored of me talking about this stuff but I want awareness for stuff so please read but I understand if you don't want too.

I actually do wanna talk about something, something I talk about a lot and that's Dementia. As I was reading the pages of my booklet I realised how misconstrued Dementia is to so many people. Before doing this little course I thought Dementia was one illness and Alzheimer's disease was a whole different illness, when a matter of fact is that Dementia is an umbrella and Alzheimer's is just one of the diseases under it, Frontotemporal dementia is another, Vascular Dementia and Dementia with Lewy Bodies are all also under that umbrella. 

I find when I talk about my Dad's dementia to people they automatically assume what so many other's do, that he has 'gone back', that he doesn't remember who we are etc when actually he hasn't done that. He has Frontotemporal Dementia, I call it Frontal Lobe because that is was it primarily attacks and affects. It affects his behaviour and his ability to articulate what he wants to say. FTD takes away that filter we have developed as we have grown up, it causes impulsive behaviour, acceptable social behaviour can be none existent sometimes and he has no idea of any of that. He is completely unaware that what he can say and do sometimes isn't right.

I am not saying that any of those people are wrong in assuming the things they do about his Dementia, it just makes me realise that we as the public need to be more educated about Dementia because there's so much more about it than we get told about. It doesn't just happen to old people, it ISN'T apart of growing old, it isn't predicted to happen to everyone, it picks and chooses who it lives with, and THAT is why we should know more about it. 

It is completely invisible. 

You can read again if you would like too :)

I hope to have some exciting things to talk about in my next blog, I need YOUR suggestions on what you want me to chit chat about, what do you wanna know? Put your suggestion in the comment box below so that I can think about it. 

Thank you loves for constantly being there :)

Much love
Beth xx

p.s to leave a comment select the name/url option in the drop down menu in the comment box :) 






Comments

  1. Hi beth .nice blog..not to sure about your music.lol
    .trying some old stuff..ac/dc.or some punk now ya dad nos about this ..the stranglers.sex pistols .or our local band sham 69 cant beat a bit of borstal break out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting read about dementia! One day I hope to have the time to check out your music suggestions ;) G

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you enjoyed the read :) my music suggestions are fantastic, if I do say so myself lol x

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

This may upset you...

50. Hello my loves. WOW we've made it to the fiftieth blog post, if you're reading this one and you've read all of the ones before, thank you for sticking with me and my public diary entries. If you are new to my posts then Hello and welcome to my life, my little world of, well, I'm not to sure...this. I'm listening and watching Sia - Elastic Heart, I absolutely love this song and I love the video! It's so incredibly powerful , I watch it without knowing what it is that is keeping me so drawn to it (maybe Shia's body...) but seriously please go and watch it, don't read the comments of the video if it's the first time you're watching it and let me know what you believe it is portraying. I won't tell you what I believe because I don't want my view to alter what you may initially feel.      I feel like it might be a good time to update you guys on my Dad. By the way, everything I write is solely my feelings and from my point of vie

In difficulty there is strength and laughter

53. Hello my loves... This may seem like a very strange time, some may think I shouldn't write at all right now but as I'm just sat here, waiting, I feel I should (plus I've been given permission from my sister Kellie and Rob) On Wednesday 4th February, which seems like a lifetime ago, I got a phone call to say things with Dad had took a turn and we all needed to get to the home as time was looking short. I can't explain the fear that was going through me. The panic was so strong I was physically shaking until i got to the home to see him.  I had no idea what to expect, what had happened or what was going to happen, I just had to go with it. I guess we all do when faced with these extremes.  I have to admit I was pretty shocked to see that once the sedation had worn off he was back to his smiley self, even dancing along to the music.  But we knew it was serious when they said he was now completely nill by mouth, no food, no liquid.  An influx of fa

Our story with MND so far..

6.  These are my feelings and my thoughts, no one else's, just mine. In June 2013 my Dad was dealt the card of Motor Neurone Disease, a horrible disease. MND attacks the central nervous system and causes muscles to weaken and waste away. People with MND have to struggle everyday with activities that wouldn't have affected them before. It can be different with each person but sadly the outcome is always the same, there are no survivors, only true fighters! There is no cure... In some cases of MND the person can also have Frontotemporal Dementia. A less common form of dementia but nevertheless devastating. My Dad also has this... I first realised that something wasn't quite right around January 2013, my dad and I were sat in a cafe and he couldn't open a folded lottery ticket my exact words to him were "can't you use for hands or something" his reply was "no, my hand has got really weak" I asked him to make a fist with his right han