Skip to main content

Don't Waste Time!

3.

Hello you lovely lot, again I am listening to a beautiful song by the beautiful band Daughter...seriously check them out! Their music just makes me want to sit back and take in every word. It's definitely head swaying music (that's what I'm doing anyway each time I stop typing) Music is without a doubt a huge passion in my life! And it always has been and more than likely always will be, music takes me to a different place and I just love it :)

*WARNING* 
This is going to be (or at least try to be) a encouraging/word of advise type of thing so please just go along with it.

During my 23 almost 24 years on this planet I have wasted a heck of a lot of time! I am ashamed of how much time I have let pass me by and if I'm honest I know that my character will allow me to continue wasting time even though I really don't want too. 

Why do we do this though? Is it fear? In my case it most certainly is! Is it laziness? Is it that we become so comfortable in our little bubbles that we shut off from anything else going on? I am insanely jealous but in awe of those who travel the world at a young age, packing a bag and just going to the other side of the world with no one to fall back on but themselves. They are so courageous, I could only ever dream of doing something like that, I fear going into a cinema so much I don't do it because anxiety manipulates my brain so I can't think logically. BUCKET LIST ENTRY I need to see turquoise water before I am 30!! I'm fully aware that The Outer Hebrides has turquoise water but the dream is Australia, we'll see :)

Don't waste time on people who aren't good for you. Sometimes we hold onto people in our lives because they have always been there, we know they have qualities and traits that don't mix well with ourselves but we keep them around because it would be strange for them not to be around. But sometimes it's better to cut that tie, as hard as it may be you will benefit and so will they because your not good for each other. Stepping away and moving on makes each individual develop and learn things from others.

Don't waste time on a relationship that isn't going anywhere or isn't going in a direction you want it too. Be honest in relationships, all relationships boyfriends, girlfriends, best friends etc EVERYONE. Don't sit waiting for them to call or text don't put your life on hold for the other person, if they are as devoted to you as you are them then it shouldn't be hard work it will happen naturally. I have been there, I have felt strong feelings for someone when I was younger and before I knew it 2 years went by. That person was a friend first of all so to me it wasn't so much 'wasting time' because they didn't feel the extra feelings that I may have felt at the time but I wasted time in the sense that deep down I always knew how the situation would pan out, basically if I had opened my eyes and mind I would have saved time being sad. 

Don't wait for things to be done for you, if there is something out there you want to be doing just go and do it! Figure it all out and go for it. Life is there to be lived, its there for all of us to enjoy don't let it pass you by to the point where you have regrets. Life isn't about regrets, we all do things we shouldn't but we learn from them and a regret is a memory that will be a future story for you to tell. 

I could go on and on but I am getting tired and the music has changed to a more upbeat song so I'm finding it hard to stop myself from dancing in this very uncomfortable chair. 

Create the life you enjoy living. Be happy.

Much love
Beth x

p.s If you would like to comment select the name/url in the drop down :) share with others if you feel it helps.
I will write this sort of blog again when I'm not so tired :) 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This may upset you...

50. Hello my loves. WOW we've made it to the fiftieth blog post, if you're reading this one and you've read all of the ones before, thank you for sticking with me and my public diary entries. If you are new to my posts then Hello and welcome to my life, my little world of, well, I'm not to sure...this. I'm listening and watching Sia - Elastic Heart, I absolutely love this song and I love the video! It's so incredibly powerful , I watch it without knowing what it is that is keeping me so drawn to it (maybe Shia's body...) but seriously please go and watch it, don't read the comments of the video if it's the first time you're watching it and let me know what you believe it is portraying. I won't tell you what I believe because I don't want my view to alter what you may initially feel.      I feel like it might be a good time to update you guys on my Dad. By the way, everything I write is solely my feelings and from my point of vie

In difficulty there is strength and laughter

53. Hello my loves... This may seem like a very strange time, some may think I shouldn't write at all right now but as I'm just sat here, waiting, I feel I should (plus I've been given permission from my sister Kellie and Rob) On Wednesday 4th February, which seems like a lifetime ago, I got a phone call to say things with Dad had took a turn and we all needed to get to the home as time was looking short. I can't explain the fear that was going through me. The panic was so strong I was physically shaking until i got to the home to see him.  I had no idea what to expect, what had happened or what was going to happen, I just had to go with it. I guess we all do when faced with these extremes.  I have to admit I was pretty shocked to see that once the sedation had worn off he was back to his smiley self, even dancing along to the music.  But we knew it was serious when they said he was now completely nill by mouth, no food, no liquid.  An influx of fa

Our story with MND so far..

6.  These are my feelings and my thoughts, no one else's, just mine. In June 2013 my Dad was dealt the card of Motor Neurone Disease, a horrible disease. MND attacks the central nervous system and causes muscles to weaken and waste away. People with MND have to struggle everyday with activities that wouldn't have affected them before. It can be different with each person but sadly the outcome is always the same, there are no survivors, only true fighters! There is no cure... In some cases of MND the person can also have Frontotemporal Dementia. A less common form of dementia but nevertheless devastating. My Dad also has this... I first realised that something wasn't quite right around January 2013, my dad and I were sat in a cafe and he couldn't open a folded lottery ticket my exact words to him were "can't you use for hands or something" his reply was "no, my hand has got really weak" I asked him to make a fist with his right han