Skip to main content

I Don't Really Know What This Is


147.


I love the smell of freshly cut grass
I love when cherry blossom trees bloom
I love when old couples hold hands
I love when men show their vulnerability
I love people who are creative
I love seeing people with their own styles 
I love when people are passionate about things
I stupidly love teen rom com movies and programmes because they warm my heart
I love the idea of a soul friend, more than a best friend
I love the idea of being in a group of ride or die friends 
I love when people are supportive, understanding and caring 
I love music that has a story 
I love candid photographs 
I love real physical photographs 
I love memories 
I love when people can see beauty beyond the obvious 
I love when you listen to a song 100 times on repeat because it perfectly sums you up in that moment 
I love the fictional love story I write in my mind
I love seeing genuine joyous reactions from people 
I love so much


I wrote this list to remind myself that when my brain can only show me all the negative things, there's all this and way more that brings colour to my mind.

I've not written in over a year, I've not had a lot to say despite all the world's chaos. My brain can be chaotic enough without adding the worlds in.
A song came out in 2020 by my favourite band and a lyric in it says 'maybe I'm flawed, but I do exist' never before has a lyric stood out to me like this one does.

I have a house full of flaws but I'm still existing in this mad mad world. Yes, I may be having a identity crisis, I may not know who I am anymore but I guess I'll be a work in progress as the days, months, years go by.

I won't lie, I've felt a bit worthless for a while, like if I ran off somewhere not many people would notice. That's not true, some people would. I think I need to remind myself that value isn't measured in the amount of people you have in your life. Value and worth comes from within.

I have a tendency to live in the past, I miss the people and friends I had when I was in college, that time meant a great deal to me. But I'm not there anymore, that me isn't this me, those people aren't the people they were I imagine but whose people helped shape this person. Its a bit mind trippy but true. Like I say I'm a work in progress, like the rest of us.

A lot of moving forward and growing is reminding yourself of the nows and futures rather than the yesterday's and years ago.

Love,
2021 Beth
X

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My letter to MND

22. Dear you, I want to start off by saying I don't like you. From the day we have met all you have done is cause pain, you have caused misery! That is all you do for everyone you meet. You find them at their best and demolish their whole being. You break them down to the point where there is no fight left, but they will fight you until the very end knowing they will never win. One day they will win, one day we will all break YOU down so you're not here any more. None of us like you, but you bring us all closer together. You make us realise that we can't go on just floating by, you make us realise that time is the most precious thing any one in the world has got! And with that precious time we have to make as many wonderful memories possible, we have to tackle all the hurdles you throw at us so that you know we will stick together and fight you. I have the displeasure of knowing you, so many others have the displeasure of living  with you. For those I can't i

Arsenal, Tears and Happiness!

26. We meet again my loves, how ya diddling? I'm good, I have two weeks off work now :D nothing major is planned...oh wait HARRY POTTER STUDIOS and bonfire night, I love bonfire night, the magic of the fireworks and sparklers is just so beautiful. I will definitely try and get some pictures of the fireworks and sparklers of the bonfire I'm planning on going too.  Is it just in the UK we celebrate bonfire night?  I'm currently listening Marmozets - Captivate You, I've heard this band quite a lot on Kerrang radio and just love this song, it gets me bouncing around in my seat. I downloaded their album and it's pretty belting I have to say! It was on repeat everyday this past week on the bus, a definite boost before work.  I don't know if I told you guys that my Dads best friend, Steve, contacted Arsenal (my Dad is obsessed) and explained his situation and how much he loves the team and always has done, and they wrote him back to say they would send Dad a si

This may upset you...

50. Hello my loves. WOW we've made it to the fiftieth blog post, if you're reading this one and you've read all of the ones before, thank you for sticking with me and my public diary entries. If you are new to my posts then Hello and welcome to my life, my little world of, well, I'm not to sure...this. I'm listening and watching Sia - Elastic Heart, I absolutely love this song and I love the video! It's so incredibly powerful , I watch it without knowing what it is that is keeping me so drawn to it (maybe Shia's body...) but seriously please go and watch it, don't read the comments of the video if it's the first time you're watching it and let me know what you believe it is portraying. I won't tell you what I believe because I don't want my view to alter what you may initially feel.      I feel like it might be a good time to update you guys on my Dad. By the way, everything I write is solely my feelings and from my point of vie