Skip to main content

The end to the decade, maybe the beginning of a happier me

146.

It's nearly the end of 2019, it's nearly the end of this decade. Sometimes when thinking about life and what I do I see it all as very dull, very simple and not a lot happens. But as I think back about each year of this past decade, things have happened, major things. It hasn't been as dull as I first thought.

I dont need to tell you this but I just deleted a whole section I had written. I was going to write about each year from 2010 to now and highlight what happened in that year but I wasn't liking how it was going...

In these past 10 years I have suffered with crippling anxiety leading to making myself highly reclusive, I crawled out of that and sought help. I got a job, I enjoyed that job, I gained confidence in that job, I felt liked in that job. I went on my first holiday abroad, saw things I'd only ever dreamt of. I got engaged. I got married. I lost my Dad. I bought a house. I got a new job. I had a miscarriage. I got pregnant. I had a baby. I got pregnant again. I had another baby. I got a temporary promotion. I became depressed. I saw some light and now I'm here...

I last wrote in April of this year when I was in the midst of a wave of depression brought on by the hormonal coil contraceptive. It got very dark very quick for a moment back then but I'm glad to say I'm climbing the hill of happiness again.

It's been an interesting 10 years to say the least. And for the last 6 years I've written things here, on this site. I admit I haven't written much recently but you helped when I was writing a lot and I thank you for that.

I wont be making any new years resolutions because I know they'll be forgotten about within a week and theres only so many times I can lie to myself and say I'll lose weight when I deep down know it isn't going to be happen.

What I want to happen in my life going forward, is for me to stop pulling myself down, I've gotten into the habit of making fun of myself, my size, my loneliness, all of my insecurities I'm displaying in full force but taking the piss out of myself so no one else will. And that's got to stop. I'm deliberately hurting myself (mentally) and I dont want too anymore. I need to grow confidence and believe that I am an alright person, I can be someone to have a laugh with. Just allow me to give myself a chance. I've been feeling a little worthless for a bit too long now I think.

I'd love to gain the confidence to sing more, I love singing but terrified if anyone hears me. I've posted a tiny snippet on Instagram before but nothing since. I'd just love to do stuff in the arts, singing, choir, amateur dramatics, anything to liven my brain up. I love all that stuff. Do you want to know something? Back in primary school the choir teacher was getting all the children to go to the piano in little groups to sing notes and if he thought you were good he'd ask you to join. He asked me, yes ME but because I was so crippling shy, I said no. That's the one regret I have. I should have joined that choir. If 7 year old me only knew!

So yeah, no resolutions just hope's I'll build myself up rather than continuing to pull myself down.

Gosh 6 years, we may not be at a decade but 6 years is good going.

Thank you,
Beth xx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This may upset you...

50. Hello my loves. WOW we've made it to the fiftieth blog post, if you're reading this one and you've read all of the ones before, thank you for sticking with me and my public diary entries. If you are new to my posts then Hello and welcome to my life, my little world of, well, I'm not to sure...this. I'm listening and watching Sia - Elastic Heart, I absolutely love this song and I love the video! It's so incredibly powerful , I watch it without knowing what it is that is keeping me so drawn to it (maybe Shia's body...) but seriously please go and watch it, don't read the comments of the video if it's the first time you're watching it and let me know what you believe it is portraying. I won't tell you what I believe because I don't want my view to alter what you may initially feel.      I feel like it might be a good time to update you guys on my Dad. By the way, everything I write is solely my feelings and from my point of vie

In difficulty there is strength and laughter

53. Hello my loves... This may seem like a very strange time, some may think I shouldn't write at all right now but as I'm just sat here, waiting, I feel I should (plus I've been given permission from my sister Kellie and Rob) On Wednesday 4th February, which seems like a lifetime ago, I got a phone call to say things with Dad had took a turn and we all needed to get to the home as time was looking short. I can't explain the fear that was going through me. The panic was so strong I was physically shaking until i got to the home to see him.  I had no idea what to expect, what had happened or what was going to happen, I just had to go with it. I guess we all do when faced with these extremes.  I have to admit I was pretty shocked to see that once the sedation had worn off he was back to his smiley self, even dancing along to the music.  But we knew it was serious when they said he was now completely nill by mouth, no food, no liquid.  An influx of fa

Our story with MND so far..

6.  These are my feelings and my thoughts, no one else's, just mine. In June 2013 my Dad was dealt the card of Motor Neurone Disease, a horrible disease. MND attacks the central nervous system and causes muscles to weaken and waste away. People with MND have to struggle everyday with activities that wouldn't have affected them before. It can be different with each person but sadly the outcome is always the same, there are no survivors, only true fighters! There is no cure... In some cases of MND the person can also have Frontotemporal Dementia. A less common form of dementia but nevertheless devastating. My Dad also has this... I first realised that something wasn't quite right around January 2013, my dad and I were sat in a cafe and he couldn't open a folded lottery ticket my exact words to him were "can't you use for hands or something" his reply was "no, my hand has got really weak" I asked him to make a fist with his right han