Skip to main content

My Days with Day Time Tele

135.

So thank fluff it’s Friday!!! This week has felt like a very long one. I’ve had zero baby free time and the husband has worked late a couple of nights and been to the cinema so I haven’t had that chill time I can usually get. (This is no poor me poor me btw!)

Anyway! This week I took the little Miss for her 4 month check with the health visitor. I wasn’t worried about it I just wanted to get it done with. 

So she was asking me about Millie etc and she’s doing really well so that was good. I told her I can’t cook so weaning will be interesting and she asked me if I knew how to peel a carrot *insert eye roll here* I quickly told her I’m no imbecile to which she apologised for being patronising. I was rather shocked myself with how quickly I snapped back, and that I even snapped back at all to be honest.

Anyway,

She wanted to know about me, how my body is recovering etc etc and then she asked if I was lonely, I lied...I said I wasn’t, but of course I am because everyone I know works all the time and my new Mum friends have busy lives so I spend my days watching day time television and making my daily visit to the Co-op, I feel like the staff are my friends even tho we don’t even speak to one another but ya know, humans *thumbs up*. 

So yes I spend my days getting angry at the super annoying poem people on the nationwide advert, mainly the guy and the girl in the photo booth, dunno why but they drive me mad! I’ve now grown another dislike towards the wine snob in the Lidl advert, again I don’t know why, I’ve never even tried wine so god knows why it/she bothers me so much. I’ve grown a very strong dislike towards Richard fucking Madeley! So much so I tweeted Good Morning Britain to share my dislike and wishes of how they’d get rid of him and take away his blasted pen!! I’m getting stressed about it just thinking about him now. 

Once Richard is off the screen I’ll calmly watch Lorraine, she’s cool, although she agrees with everyone so I don’t get a strong sense of I know her if you get what I mean. Then it’s Jeremy’s turn...the most arrogant, narrow minded twat on morning tele (apart from Madeley of course) why he thinks he’s some type of comedian I do not know! I wait for the day when he gets into someone’s face and they deck him one, even with Steve there I’m convinced it’ll happen.

Then it’s Holly and Phil! I LOVE these two! Can they be my friends? Oh sod it, in my sad sad lonely life I feel they are! The Halloween episode was one of the funniest. I’d love a selfie with them, and to have a laughing fit with them, maybe even a cry too. They are just so so lovely. 

Loose women...I ain’t too bothered about. Although I will say Stacey Solomon is BRILLIANT! 

Then the rest of my days consist of watching Friends. I never tire of that show.

So clearly I couldn’t tell the health visitor that I am lonely and I fill my days with the folk named above and pretend in my mind as if they are company and friends...she’d think I’m mad!!! So I told her I’m not and I manage to fill my days. 

She never suspected a thing ;) 

In all seriousness tho, Millie is doing really well and the love I have for her is just immense. I do get baby free time usually. I do I pottery class every Wednesday for a couple of hours, it’s brilliant, I’m awful at it but it’s so nice just to be separated for a bit. Baby free time is good. 

I’m doing really well. I joke above but sometimes I do feel lonely but it’s nothing intense or worrying. I go for a walk each day, I get fresh air. And to be honest I kinda love day time tele! I’m ridiculously broody again and I just can’t believe how much Millie is growing and changing each day. It’s a crazy crazy ride this parenthood thing but fantastic!

Much love,
Beth xx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This may upset you...

50. Hello my loves. WOW we've made it to the fiftieth blog post, if you're reading this one and you've read all of the ones before, thank you for sticking with me and my public diary entries. If you are new to my posts then Hello and welcome to my life, my little world of, well, I'm not to sure...this. I'm listening and watching Sia - Elastic Heart, I absolutely love this song and I love the video! It's so incredibly powerful , I watch it without knowing what it is that is keeping me so drawn to it (maybe Shia's body...) but seriously please go and watch it, don't read the comments of the video if it's the first time you're watching it and let me know what you believe it is portraying. I won't tell you what I believe because I don't want my view to alter what you may initially feel.      I feel like it might be a good time to update you guys on my Dad. By the way, everything I write is solely my feelings and from my point of vie

In difficulty there is strength and laughter

53. Hello my loves... This may seem like a very strange time, some may think I shouldn't write at all right now but as I'm just sat here, waiting, I feel I should (plus I've been given permission from my sister Kellie and Rob) On Wednesday 4th February, which seems like a lifetime ago, I got a phone call to say things with Dad had took a turn and we all needed to get to the home as time was looking short. I can't explain the fear that was going through me. The panic was so strong I was physically shaking until i got to the home to see him.  I had no idea what to expect, what had happened or what was going to happen, I just had to go with it. I guess we all do when faced with these extremes.  I have to admit I was pretty shocked to see that once the sedation had worn off he was back to his smiley self, even dancing along to the music.  But we knew it was serious when they said he was now completely nill by mouth, no food, no liquid.  An influx of fa

Our story with MND so far..

6.  These are my feelings and my thoughts, no one else's, just mine. In June 2013 my Dad was dealt the card of Motor Neurone Disease, a horrible disease. MND attacks the central nervous system and causes muscles to weaken and waste away. People with MND have to struggle everyday with activities that wouldn't have affected them before. It can be different with each person but sadly the outcome is always the same, there are no survivors, only true fighters! There is no cure... In some cases of MND the person can also have Frontotemporal Dementia. A less common form of dementia but nevertheless devastating. My Dad also has this... I first realised that something wasn't quite right around January 2013, my dad and I were sat in a cafe and he couldn't open a folded lottery ticket my exact words to him were "can't you use for hands or something" his reply was "no, my hand has got really weak" I asked him to make a fist with his right han