Skip to main content

Letter Of Encouragement

Dear you,

The person reading this, someone who may be fighting, someone who might be caring or simply someone curious.

My name is Beth Aboe-Howlett, I'm 24 years young (ignore the wrinkles) I'm writing this to encourage you, I'm writing this to share the pain and understand how you feel. I am not a fighter, I'm the daughter of someone who fought, but sadly the battle was too strong. This only happened a few months ago and I feel okay. My life has changed dramatically, I don't think anything prepares you for when you lose a parent but my life must carry on and I must grow from it. This is why I'm writing you this letter, to encourage you to enjoy your life, no matter how long you have or how difficult it will be at times. We must live our lives to create them.

If you are reading this and you are struggling, with anything going on right now please believe me that things don't remain this bad forever, even in the shittiest of situations like my Dad, where he wasn't going to get better, only worse, he never let that affect his life completely, he never let it effect his heart and soul. Our hearts, our minds, our souls are what carry us through, they are what make us unique and special. So no matter how broken your heart may be, how cloudy your mind is, you are still you in there, you are that strong human being that has people around you who love you and care for you. You have a reason to stick around and live.

I watched my Dad fight MND for almost two years, I saw him in ways I never had before. He could have given up straight away but something in him kept him going, he had determination. He didn't let his illness define him, he just went with it. He had the mentality of if he keeps doing what he has always done it won't stop him. He adapted and said no to most help. Despite our trying he was too proud, maybe stubborn, to accept it.

I feel that we should all carry determination, we should be determined to never give up, to keep fighting, be open and honest and to get those who don't understand, too understand. I don't just mean this with MND I mean this in general life, to all people. People don't like what they don't understand so we should go through our lives determined to make them understand the things that make us, us. The things that make us all so different.

We put limitations on ourselves, we decide what we can or can not achieve which we shouldn't because we are capable of anything. We continue to learn and strive day to day, we just need to remember that whatever it is, it's possible. 

So to you, who is reading this I hope this may help, I want you to keep fighting for what's important, I urge you to have fun, the battle isn't over, so don't feel like it's won. 

Much love 
Beth xxx

P.s to leave a comment select the name/URL option in the drop down menu 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This may upset you...

50. Hello my loves. WOW we've made it to the fiftieth blog post, if you're reading this one and you've read all of the ones before, thank you for sticking with me and my public diary entries. If you are new to my posts then Hello and welcome to my life, my little world of, well, I'm not to sure...this. I'm listening and watching Sia - Elastic Heart, I absolutely love this song and I love the video! It's so incredibly powerful , I watch it without knowing what it is that is keeping me so drawn to it (maybe Shia's body...) but seriously please go and watch it, don't read the comments of the video if it's the first time you're watching it and let me know what you believe it is portraying. I won't tell you what I believe because I don't want my view to alter what you may initially feel.      I feel like it might be a good time to update you guys on my Dad. By the way, everything I write is solely my feelings and from my point of vie

In difficulty there is strength and laughter

53. Hello my loves... This may seem like a very strange time, some may think I shouldn't write at all right now but as I'm just sat here, waiting, I feel I should (plus I've been given permission from my sister Kellie and Rob) On Wednesday 4th February, which seems like a lifetime ago, I got a phone call to say things with Dad had took a turn and we all needed to get to the home as time was looking short. I can't explain the fear that was going through me. The panic was so strong I was physically shaking until i got to the home to see him.  I had no idea what to expect, what had happened or what was going to happen, I just had to go with it. I guess we all do when faced with these extremes.  I have to admit I was pretty shocked to see that once the sedation had worn off he was back to his smiley self, even dancing along to the music.  But we knew it was serious when they said he was now completely nill by mouth, no food, no liquid.  An influx of fa

Our story with MND so far..

6.  These are my feelings and my thoughts, no one else's, just mine. In June 2013 my Dad was dealt the card of Motor Neurone Disease, a horrible disease. MND attacks the central nervous system and causes muscles to weaken and waste away. People with MND have to struggle everyday with activities that wouldn't have affected them before. It can be different with each person but sadly the outcome is always the same, there are no survivors, only true fighters! There is no cure... In some cases of MND the person can also have Frontotemporal Dementia. A less common form of dementia but nevertheless devastating. My Dad also has this... I first realised that something wasn't quite right around January 2013, my dad and I were sat in a cafe and he couldn't open a folded lottery ticket my exact words to him were "can't you use for hands or something" his reply was "no, my hand has got really weak" I asked him to make a fist with his right han